Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Freiburgs in Johnson City

Hi everyone, its been a while since my last but I have been cooking at home and saving what I can and I don't have enough of an ego to review my own cooking. Let me make it up by reviewing an absolutely fantastic restaurant in Johnson City named Freiburgs. It is located downtown at fountain square. Their menu is a thrill ride of German comfort food. They feature bratwurst, schnitzel, and sauerbrat. The atmosphere is like stepping back in time 60 years with hardwood floors and iron rail balconies. I met with several friends there and we all had the same complaint, more food than our stomachs could handle. I ordered the bratwurst sampler platter which came with 3 brats, 1 each traditional, smoked, and cheddar cheese. It came on a bed of sauerkraut and my sides were broccoli with beer cheese and potatoes fried with onions and bacon along with some really good German beer. The fresh bread came with regular butter and herb butter and the waitress kept the baskets coming. Everyone at the table were stuffed and very happy with the quality of food and service. Along with the food came some wonderful entertainment from a couple who were playing the accordion and singing German songs from the balcony. We were seated near them and the show was great. We had 2 young children with our group and they crawled under the table to sit and watch the show with great interest from a good viewpoint that only a child can get. The food was reasonably priced, excellent quality in vast amounts, and the atmosphere was the best. Get some friends together and go have a great evening soon. Happy Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment